The K-1 Fiance Visa

A K-1 visa allows you to bring your fiancée to the United States for a period of 90 days in order to get married.

Spouse Visa

Spouse visas (aka marriage visas) can be filed by both United States citizens and legal permanent residents for their spouses.

Attorney Laurie Y. Wu

Laurie provides competent and compassionate legal guidance in English and Chinese.

5-Star Reputation

See Laurie’s reviews on Google and on the which reflect her impressive experience and client satisfaction.

Laurie Y. Wu

Family Immigration Attorney

LinkedIn Profile
732 387-3668

Laurie Y. Wu was born in the United States (New Jersey) to immigrant parents from mainland China. She is conversant in three Chinese dialects – Cantonese, Hakka and Mandarin. During the nine years prior to college, she worked at restaurants owned by her parents and relatives. Those early-work experiences laid the foundation for her strong work ethic and drive to provide quality-client care.

Laurie has completed 1000s of fiancée and marriage cases with a 99+% success rate.

Marriage Overseas

The steps to bring a spouse to the U.S. begins with the I-130 petition. Follow this specific procedure with the goal of gaining citizenship for your spouse.
Read More

Marriage in USA

Read the procedure for adjustment of status based on marriage in the U.S. We strongly encourage you to call us before you marry if at all possible.
Read More

Fields of Practice

Because our practice includes K-1, K-2, I-130 K-3, K-4 and other fiancée and marriage related visas (Adjustment of Status petitions, travel documents, work authorizations, tourist visas for current and former K-1 clients), you won’t have to go shopping for another immigration law firm after you marry your fiancée and need to get her a green card, or want to invite your mother-in-law to the wedding on a tourist visa.
Read More

Requirements To Qualify for a K-1 Fiance Visa

  • You are a U.S. citizen
  • You have met your fiance(e) within the previous two years
  • You and your fiance(e) are both legally free to marry
  • You and your fiance(e) both have a serious intention to marry within 90 days of your fiance(e)’s arrival in America
Read More

Contact Laurie Y. Wu

Choose a date and time that is convienient.

We are constantly monitoring the phone and email to respond to our clients’ needs in a prompt manner. We are here to make sure each client receives focused and compassionate legal help. Contact our office today for a free consultation.

Why Choose Us

We provide experience, compassion and a solid track record.

5-Star Reputation

Don’t just take it on our word, check the reviews on Google and   All of our reviews have been positive to date!


Given that our clients are located throughout the United States and overseas, we use our best efforts to accommodate our clients’ schedules and preferred method of communication.


Both the legal and personal aspects of a case can affect the outcome and experience for the client. As we put forth our best efforts, in return, we ask our clients to be honest and forthcoming. With mutual cooperation, we can turn a daunting experience into a positive one.


Since Laurie was admitted into practice, she has concentrated on family-based immigration cases for fiancées, spouses, children, parents and siblings. Laurie has completed 1000s of fiancée and marriage cases with a 99+% success rate.